Friday, January 29, 2010

Project SIXTEEN: Baa Baa Black Sheep- Sewn!

After many attempts, I have figured out how to export my Illustrator file, to a PDF, then to a PNG in order to put this up today. PHEW!
So today I am starting a little sewing project/embroidery(?). I'm working with the nursery rhymes and coming up with a simple drawing in illustrator as a template for my project. I plan on, then, working with fabrics and threads to sew this piece.
I'm not sure how I feel about it so far. It's not as exciting as the Piggy Book, but perhaps that's only because it doesn't have the same feel. Maybe I need an edgier nursery rhyme to push my thinking more. This was excellent practice, and a reminder of how to use simple tools in illustrator to draw.
Stay tuned for a sewn project that looks like this, or similar!

1 comment:

  1. embroidery, yay! i'm all for this~nikki

    ReplyDelete