Thursday, January 14, 2010

Project FIVE: Wire Hydrant

I know, I know... you were all looking forward to seeing some homemade paper. Unfortunately, I have to push it off ONE more day. Some of my handy items are out of my reach until later tonight, so I will work on paper tomorrow. Call it an End-of-the-week Prize!


In the meantime, I thought I would continue practicing with wire. This 3D design is a bit of a mess, to be honest. Again, I used the floral wire, which as I noted before, has its pros and cons. I should have kept it a bit "cleaner" with the line work, but got a little over-zealous with the wrapping. I've definitely learned from this attempt, though. And, go ahead... call me a sissy- but my fingers are a bit sore. I need to build up my sculpting calluses. (When I start sewing, I'm sure that will help!)


1 comment:

  1. Susan Neuman SpreckmanJanuary 14, 2010 at 3:07 PM

    I love looking at your projects:) Brings back memories before I had kids when I had time to experiment. Please keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete