Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Project FOURTEEN: Nursery Accordion Collage (aka Piggy Book)


Today, I am starting a two-day project (which probably could have been completed in one if I had a more free day). I'm making an Accordion book, but with modifications (as you see in the photos). Then the book will be filled with a collage focusing on the nursery rhyme: "This little piggy..."

I'm not sure what made me think of nursery rhymes, but I have been wanting to making collages for a little bit now, with little inspiration. Nursery rhymes are short, and usually
pretty odd, so I thought they would be great inspiration for some small portable books. This first one is an experiment really, and I plan on doing a few more if I like where it's heading.
For right now, I have a few progress photos of the book. I'm looking through my old piles of magazines for interesting images, and have printed a few off for specific references I might not find in my magazines. If I had more time (and I may do this for the future nursery books), I would go to the library and scan a bunch of crazy, interesting images that work with my themes. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment