Thursday, January 21, 2010

Project TEN: Continuation of Drawing Skills


"Everyone's a critic." -who said that?? It's true. Last night, my husband told me that he thought my drawing made him and our niece look very chunky (I won't say what he actually said). My response was that that was the photo! That the two of them were smooshed up against the couch and each other. Oh well, can't win them all, can we?

So, perhaps that's when I decided I better practice, practice, practice
just a little more to refresh my skills (and also vow not to use my husband as my 'muse' anymore). :)

This one is a from a photo (to your left) taken by my brother-in-law of his daughter (my niece). Hopefully this will prove to be a better representational drawing... if not at LEAST more flattering.

I'm pretty happy with how she turned out, and am interested in pursuing a few more drawings
before I decide on something for the drypoint. I'll try not to bore you with all the different drawings I end up with (maybe I'll post them all together as one post in the future).

No comments:

Post a Comment