Today I started, and finished, my first Accordion Flag Book. Back when I was at Iowa as an undergrad, I took a bookmaking/bookbinding class that I loved: making and stitching several types of books. Recently I developed a unit plan for high school students called, "Artistic Artist Books," which included an Accordion Flag Book. I realized that I have actually never made a flag book myself, so today was the day.
Making the book itself was not as big of a challenge, as it was to create a concept and apply it to the book. You'll notice that my cover is not decorated, nor do I have any words on the pages. Well, let's be honest. By the time I finished what you see here, I was finished for the day. This would be a great project to extend a few days, for sure. Coming up with an idea/project to attempt, plus concept, plus all the supplies, plus plus plus... seems to be more ambitious of a task than I originally thought. Of course, that's typical for me, though. :)
Thoughts for next time:
panoramic photos, items with words, glue/pva (vs. my wimpy glue stick I had laying around).