Monday, March 1, 2010

Project THIRTY-ONE: Asymmetrical 3 Strand (& Earrings)




Hello everyone! It's been a few days, as I've been recovering from illness (yes, again! Tis' the season!). I'll be updating my latest projects this week, so keep an eye out for multiple posts!


Last Wednesday, I pulled out my jewelry again to practice with stringing and wire manipulation. I've not made a multiple strand necklace before, and found this one to be somewhat challenging. The challenging part really comes when determining the length of each strand. I find this is a bit tricky because the necklace lays flat while you work on it, but contours (of course!) to your neckline when being worn.
Here are some pictures of the necklace laying flat, as well as being worn so you have an idea of what I'm talking about. I also made a set of earrings to go along as a nice set. This was a fun practice using multiple jewelry supplies- chain, wire, flexwire, crimps, and a multi-strand slide lock clasp. I'm fairly happy with the result, as I wanted something that was a bit asymmetric, but not overly for those who just want a subtle change of pace. I'm finding that the more I am working with wire and small/delicate type work, the better I am getting with manipulating the wire and beads. This is a tricky obstacle for me, who is used to working in large strides- not as tedious as it once was.


No comments:

Post a Comment