Monday, February 2, 2015

Lesson: Sketchbook Covers- Initial Reaction

My example... they keep getting crazier and crazier...
Check out my previous posts about sketchbook covers.  This time, I changed it up a little and added in a packing tape transfer.  The students were to interact with their letters or with themselves on the cover.  Teacher work: I had to take the photos of the kids, print out a specific size, which I had them specify in their thumbnail sketch handout.  More and more and more packing tape.  I just can't get enough!  Maybe I should buy some stock... 

Oh... and I changed up my media exploration to have them create their text art ON TOP of one of their watercolor pages.  They LOVED that... 







Student examples of the Text Art Watercolor Page














Student Sketchbook Cover Examples





No comments:

Post a Comment